Beat Capital Partners (“Beat”) was incorporated in May 2017 as a long duration venture capital investor exclusively focused on the insurance industry.
Beat offers the right teams start-up funding, infrastructure, risk capital and A+ rated paper plus experienced guidance and support. Beat backs certain start-up teams and seeks partnership opportunities involving existing portfolios, platforms or technologies, where our expertise brings value.
In addition to the management group, Beat shareholders include AmWins Group (a global specialty broker with over US$17 billion of annual premium placed), Bain Capital Credit (a leading global credit specialist with over US$40 billion in assets under management) and Elliott Management Corporation (a fund manager with over US$40 billion in assets under management).
In 2018, Beat acquired the rights over Lloyd’s Syndicate 4242 (with 2022 underwriting capacity of £225 million).
Since its inception, Beat has invested in 8 start-up businesses, with combined planned gross premiums in excess of US$500 million for 2021.
Beat is a private, independent business with strong backers and a commitment to be the best possible partner for entrepreneurial insurance talent.
- Matt Cannan Managing Director – Bain Capital Insurance
- John Cavanagh Chairman, Beat Capital Partners Limited
- Jeff Consolino President and CEO, Core Specialty
- Tom Milligan Partner, Beat Capital Partners Limited
- Matt Popoli Managing Director and Global Head of Insurance
- Paul Rayner Chief Financial Officer and Partner, Beat Capital Partners Limited
- Jeff Robinson Managing Director, Bain Capital Credit
- Bruce Schnitzer Managing Director and Chairman, Wand Partners