Beat Capital Partners was incorporated in May 2017 as a long duration venture capital investor exclusively focused on the insurance industry.
We offer the right teams start-up funding, infrastructure, risk capital and A+ rated paper plus experienced guidance and support. We back certain start-up teams and seek partnership opportunities involving existing portfolios, platforms or technologies, where our expertise brings value.
In addition to the management group, Beat shareholders include Elliott Management Corporation/Wand Partners (a fund manager with over US$40 billion in assets under management) and AmWins Group (a global specialty broker with US$17 billion of annual premium placed).
In 2018, Beat acquired the rights over Lloyd’s Syndicate 4242 (with 2020 underwriting capacity of £165m).
Since its inception, Beat has invested in five new start-up businesses, now generating gross premiums of over $300m in 2020.
Beat is a private, independent business with strong backers and a commitment to be the best possible partner for entrepreneurial insurance talent.
- Bruce Schnitzer Director, Wand Partners Chairman
- Jeff Consolino Director, American Financial Group CFO
- John Cavanagh Founder and Chairman
- John Struck Director, Wand Partners Managing Director
- Paul Rayner Chief Financial Officer and Director
- Tom Milligan Founder and Director
- W. H. “Skip” Cooper Director, AmWins Vice Chairman