Beat Capital Partners was incorporated in May 2017 as a long duration venture capital investor exclusively focused on the insurance industry.
We offer the right teams start-up funding, infrastructure, risk capital and A+ rated paper plus experienced guidance and support. We back certain start-up teams and seek partnership opportunities involving existing portfolios, platforms or technologies, where our expertise brings value.
In addition to the management group, Beat shareholders include Elliott Management Corporation (a fund manager with over US$40 billion in assets under management) and AmWins Group (a global specialty broker with over US$17 billion of annual premium placed).
In 2018, Beat acquired the rights over Lloyd’s Syndicate 4242 (with 2020 underwriting capacity of £165m).
Since its inception, Beat has invested in five new start-up businesses, now generating gross premiums of over $300m in 2020.
Beat is a private, independent business with strong backers and a commitment to be the best possible partner for entrepreneurial insurance talent.
- John Cavanagh Founder & Partner
- Jeff Consolino Director, StarStone U.S. CEO
- W. H. “Skip” Cooper Director, AmWins Vice Chairman
- Tom Milligan Founder & Partner
- Paul Rayner Chief Financial Officer and Partner
- Bruce Schnitzer Director, Wand Partners Chairman
- John Struck Director, Wand Partners Managing Director